Wednesday, October 7, 2026

48th Birthday Joy

Yesterday I turned 48.

Forty-eight.

I'm not sure how that happened because I still feel like I should be somewhere around 32. 😂

But this birthday has had me thinking about the idea that started this blog years ago: finding your everyday joy.

I started writing here when my life looked very different. My boys were younger. Our house was different. I was a different version of myself.

And somewhere along the way, I stopped writing.

Not because I stopped finding joy.

Actually, quite the opposite.

Life just got busy.


...

Here is a little bit about what life looks like now at 48:

Our house is still under construction, but we are getting closer to being done at the 20 year mark (2028)

I know have 2 middle schoolers, and Jacob is officially taller than me,
& Lucas and Zachary can't wait for their day to come!

Fall 2026 was the 1st year in 5 (F-I-V-E) years that I haven't had to move my classroom! I cannot tell you  how wonderful this was 😍! I am still teaching Marketing but did change schools in 2023. 

I had a bit of a pottery hiatus, but have slowly been getting back into it, and created my 1st commissioned piece recently. I did still do art, but did more line drawings of flowers, as well as some watercolors.

I still love to decompress by riding my motorcycle on nice days, reading a good book, and playing the piano, but 2 of my most favorite relaxing techniques have been creating and working in my flower garden and night time swimming in our new-ish pool.

...

Maybe that's what I want this blog to be again. Not a place where I pretend to have life figured out, but a place where I stop every once in a while and say, "Hey. Look at this. This is good. This is Joy"

48 feels like a pretty good time to start doing that again; sharing and finding my Everyday Joy.

No comments:

Post a Comment